Only the Career Center goes far beyond to strategically educate Stony Brook University talent about, prepare them for, and connect them with the needs of industry.
The Career Center at Stony Brook University exists to:
- EDUCATE students and alumni about the career development process and industry options, empowering them to make informed career decisions.
- PREPARE students and alumni for experiential learning (i.e. internships, co-op and community service), employment and further education.
- CONNECT hiring organizations with our diverse student and alumni talent.
Students will view academic and career planning as intertwined; students and alumni will develop the key competencies necessary to make informed decisions, and take steps to achieve their career goals by:
- Acquiring knowledge of self and of career options
- Gaining related experience and establishing professional networks
- Reflecting on experiences to shape their next steps
- Committing to ongoing career development and professional growth
W0550 Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3363
(631) 632-6810 Fax: (631) 632-9146