We use Handshake for job listings at Stony Brook University. To create an account:
- Go to https://stonybrook.joinhandshake.com/register and complete the form - be sure to use your official company email account.
- Click "Create User" when done. You will be sent a confirmation email (if you do not see it, check your spam folder). Click the link in the email, then log in at stonybrook.joinhandshake.com.
- You will be asked to pick your company from a list, or create a new company. Any companies whose email domain matches yours will be suggested. For example, if your email is "Me@Handshake.com", all companies using "Handshake.com" will be suggested.
There are few different options, depending on your situation:
Claim Company: If you are the first user from your company to sign up for Handshake, and your company was pre-created by career services, then you can claim your company. The career services center that created your company will have to verify your account before you can take most actions. They will be notified of the request, and usually respond promptly.
Join Company: If your company already exists, and you are not the first user, then pick your company from the list of suggestions. One of the other Handshake users at that company will need to verify you before you can access most site features. They will be notified of the request via email.
Create Company: If your company doesn't exist, you can create a new company instead. It will start out with the same name as your email domain. For example, if you signed up under "Me@Email.com", the company would be named "Email.com". Click on the company name, then click "Edit" in the upper-right corner to update your company name and details.
Once your account has been approved, click Jobs on the left-hand side bar to post your positions!
Just a few of Handshake's notable features:
- A one-stop-shop for employers, you can manage ALL schools using Handshake with one account!
- Employers can search student profiles and resumes to connect with potential candidates. Students will self-select whether or not they would like their profiles or resumes to be searchable by employers.
- A mobile app, so both students and employers can use the system on the go.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive interface (built on the same usability principles employed by Facebook & Google).